Monday 20 January 2014

Johor Premium Outlet - A Shopper's Heaven

Johor Premium outlets is basically located in the state of Johor, the most southern state in Malaysia just neighbouring Singapore.

How to get there?

Driving to JB (Johor Bahru) from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA), it mostly known will take you around 4 hours approximately and by driving according to speed limits.

If you are driving down from Penang, it will take around appx 8 hours. Well, there are a lot of express bus companies going to Johor on a daily basis from Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS) and some busses have a short pit stop in JB before shooting off to Singapore. If you are coming from Singapore, you will be able to drive your car over, take a bus or even cabs. Most likely a 40 minutes trip if you are from the centre of Singapore. For those who want to shop at the Johor Premier Outlet, you can exit at the Senai Utara toll exit at the North South Highway in Malaysia.

I believe this will be some sort of heaven of the shoppers as I noticed the sale / discounts for the goods were just too irresistible.

I've been to the Premier Outlets in Tochigi-Japan couple of years back and this Johor Premium Outlet reminded myself of being in Japan again but only thing is, I feel this is slightly smaller than in Japan. You can really find all sorts of branded stuff here. Let me give some of the retail outlets I could remember...

Raoul, Armani Exchange, Burberry, Polo, Calvin Klein, Salvatorre Ferragamo, Tommy Hilfiger, Versace, Michael Korrs just to name a few.

One thing I noticed, especially on the Nike & Adidas outlet, the shoes were magnificent. It was like not the same quality that is being normally sold around Malaysia but looks more of an outside of Malaysia quality I would say. I believe most of the goods here portray the same image and you have ample of choices to shop.

I would recommend at least a good 4 hours of intense scrutinising of the outlets. The bargains are really good, 10-85% discount. Not sure why they are offering such high discounts though.

But my point of view, this place has real good stuff.

As for a good place to eat, don't forget try  Thai Restaurant called Absolute Thai and trust me it was absolutely nice. Cleaned up all my dishes like a good dishwasher. I strongly recommend red curry chicken! Go try it. The restaurant did look a bit exclusive from the outside and I was bit worried to get an expensive bill but I would say end of the day it was reasonable and worth the money. Waiter/waitresses were quite attentive and the service was fast.

Thumbs up to this place.

Something different from going to all the shopping complexes to buy stuff with a different feel of atmosphere. Much better discounts too I think and more varieties to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment